Thanking you for your contribution towards the building of our nation.
Thanking you for your contribution towards the building of our nation.
Enjoy 10% off the following packages with a 1 year contract
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Last updated on 08 November 2018
- These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions ("Standard Terms") govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by Singapore Press Holdings Limited ("SPH"), irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. SPH has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
- All subscription packages and prices reflected on this website are applicable to home subscriptions only.
- You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription.
- You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
- SPH has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least 14 days' prior notice.
- Please take note that if you have opted to take delivery of the print edition of your subscribed newspapers, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged by residential type, and will be charged by per subscriber account per delivery address.
- You should receive a notification acknowledging your subscription within 30 days of confirming your subscription.
- All subscription fees are due in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before each monthly/annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, you shall be liable for any prevailing administrative, termination or other fees which SPH may impose in accordance with clause 10 below.
- Your subscription will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis after the first month/year until you expressly instruct us that you wish to terminate your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in writing at Customer Service, Circulation Singapore Press Holdings Limited. 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre Singapore 318994. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such termination, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees shall also be due and payable by you. Unless otherwise stated by SPH, any renewal of your subscription will be on the then prevailing subscription terms therefor.
- If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, SPH may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
- If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of newspapers (including but not limited to non-delivery of print edition of newspapers), please alert us promptly by contacting our Customer Service no later than two (2) days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question.
- In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
- You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform SPH if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
- You may seek a temporary suspension of delivery of print newspaper(s) ("Temporary Stop") by making a Temporary Stop request online at our website at www.sphsubscription.com.sg (click on "Temporary Stop" option under "My Services" section). You agree that any Temporary Stop request (a) is offered on a goodwill basis only and is subject to SPH’s approval in its absolute discretion, (b) must be made at least three (3) clear working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date, and (c) must be for a minimum of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days per request.
- If you are a Print-only subscriber and your Temporary Stop request is approved for duration of at least 8 days, SPH may in its absolute discretion offer a refund or credit of your subscription for the duration of the Temporary Stop, up to a maximum of 30 days per calendar year in aggregate. All-in-One subscribers are not entitled to any refund or credit of subscription for any Temporary Stop of any duration as they will continue to have access to digital editions of their subscribed publications.
- You agree and acknowledge that notwithstanding any approval by SPH of a Temporary Stop request, SPH does not undertake or guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding Clause 14, you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. SPH shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
- You agree to the SPH Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at http://sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.html and which may be amended from time to time. You agree that SPH’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
- SPH may, by notice in writing posted on its website, assign all of its rights and interests relating to or in connection with your subscription to a wholly-owned subsidiary of SPH (the “Transferee”) without your consent.
- Without prejudice and in addition to the right under clause 19 above, SPH may, by notice in writing posted on its website (the “Notification”), transfer and/or novate all of its rights, interests, obligations and liabilities relating to or in connection with your subscription to the Transferee, and you shall not withhold your consent thereto. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby consent to (a) the assignment of all rights of SPH relating to or in connection with your subscription to the Transferee, (b) the assumption by the Transferee of all liabilities of SPH relating to or in connection with your subscription, (c) the release of all obligations of SPH relating to or in connection with your subscription, and (d) the Transferee taking the place of SPH as if it were named in all documents relating to or in connection with your subscription as a party thereto in place of SPH, in each case with effect from such effective date as may be informed in the Notification.
- SPH has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to SPH’s website.
- For more details on subscription matters, please refer to http://www.sphsubscription.com.sg.
Last updated on 27 June 2019
- Participation in this subscription promotion is subject to the terms herein ("the Specific T&Cs") and the Standard Terms and Conditions available above ("the General T&Cs"). In the event of any inconsistency between the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail.
- This promotion is for the following home subscription packages ("Packages"), and is available for new subscribers in Singapore up to a date as may be determined by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd ("SPH") in its sole and absolute discretion. This promotion is not valid with other promotions and/or bundle deals.
The promotional price for the Packages are as follows:
Name of Package Monthly Rate for first 12 months* Monthly Rate from 13th month onwards* The Straits Times All Digital + Print $26.90 $29.90 The Business Times All Digital + Print $29.60 $32.90 Berita Harian All-In-One $17.10 $18.99 Tamil Murasu All-In-One $16.10 $17.90 Lianhe Zaobao All-In-One $24.20 $26.90 Shin Min Daily News All-In-One $24.20 $26.90 Lianhe Wanbao All-In-One $24.20 $26.90
- This promotion is valid for a minimum subscription period of twelve (12) months (“Minimum Subscription Period”).
- If you cancel your subscription within the first 12 months, an administrative fee of $20 and termination fee of $100 shall be imposed on the 12-month subscription contract.
- You may cancel your subscription to the Package at any time after the end of the Minimum Subscription Period. If we receive your notification to cancel ("the Cancellation Notice") before the second last day of the month, we will stop charging your account from the next month onwards, and your access to content under the Package will continue for the remainder of the month on which we receive the Cancellation Notice. However, if we receive the Cancellation Notice on or after the second last day of the month, we will stop charging your account from the following month onwards, and your access to content under the Package will continue up to the end of the next month after we receive the Cancellation Notice. For illustrative purposes, if we receive the Cancellation Notice on 30 October 2019, we will stop charging your account from 1 December 2019 and your access to content under the Package will continue up to 30 November 2019.
7.1 The following groups of subscribers are eligible for this promotion:
7.1.1 New subscribers: Subscribers who do not currently have a subscription to the relevant publication proposed to be subscribed for ("The Relevant Publication"). For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber who is only currently subscribed to an ST package is still considered a new subscriber to BT, and is eligible to the BT ADP promotion.
7.1.2 All existing subscribers to The Relevant Publication without a contract. For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber who is currently subscribed to any ST package without an ongoing contract is eligible to the ST ADP promotion.
7.1.3 Vendor subscribers: Existing print subscribers who are currently paying their subscription fee to a newspaper vendor (Upon subscription to the Package, these subscribers will be converted to direct subscribers with SPH).
7.2 The following groups of subscribers are not eligible for this promotion:
7.2.1 All existing subscribers to The Relevant Publication with a contract. For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber who is currently subscribed to any ST package with an ongoing contract is not eligible to the ST ADP promotion.
For information on when your subscription to the Package will commence, please refer to the table below:
Type Details Direct Subscription with SPH Commencement Date New Subscribers - Subscription will commence on either 1st day or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days) Vendor Subscribers For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month Direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the upcoming month For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month Direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the following month
- To qualify for the above-stated promotional price, you must (a) take up a New Subscription (as defined below) to the Package, and (b) your duly completed subscription application form must be received by SPH within the relevant promotion period ("Promotion Period"). Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained, and applications for subscriptions received by SPH after the Promotion Period will not qualify for the promotional price. SPH has the right to determine your eligibility for the promotional price for the Package and/or the duration of the Promotion Period at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
- A subscription to a publication is a "New Subscription" if no member of the same household has at any time previously subscribed to that subscription directly with SPH or terminated the same within ninety (90) days of the submission of the subscription application. For the purposes of the terms herein, a "household" refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address. Only one (1) subscription to the Package at the above-stated promotional price may be redeemed or enjoyed per eligible subscription, per household.
- Upon expiry of the Minimum Subscription Period, you agree that your subscription for the same publication will continue in force on the then prevailing terms for such subscription until and unless you provide SPH with notice in writing that you wish to terminate such subscription in accordance with the said terms.
- Unless SPH has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one promotional offer or premium offer at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.